Sunday, May 20, 2007

Brasserie Ten Ten

Hello! Thank you for joining me for my first restaurant review!

I wanted to start on a positive note, so I picked one of my favorite spots in Boulder: Brasserie Ten Ten on Walnut St. between 10th & 11th. (map)

I love the Brasserie because the place totally kicks ass. Great happy hour, great staff, awesome wine, and even better food. If I could live there, I would. They have indoor & outdoor seating and a bar area that packs up quickly.

Advice:
if you're trying to get a spot in the bar on Thursday or a weekend, get there at 4:45. This way you can enjoy an hour and 15 minutes of happy hour at a nice cocktail table or right at the bar in front of a smallish flat-screen TV.

The food has a predominantly French flair, but they do not have "Freedom Fries". If you're looking for Freedom Fries, I hate you, and you should never go to the Brasserie. In fact, if you do need some Freedom Fries, please go to Idaho and just stay there forEVER.

If you're craving French food and you happen to be in Boulder, look no further than Brasserie Ten Ten. Tops on the menu are:

The famous cheese plate: chef-selected assortment
Risotto: just order it
Tomato bisque
Any duck dish, especially the confit

Happy hour hint: the beaujulais is cheap and tasty! I believe it's less than $4/glass, so take advantage!

Dessert: Yes, they have beignets... save some room, because they're to-die-for, and they are not light.

Atmosphere: it looks and tastes like fine dining, but it's pretty laid back
Food: top-notch French cuisine
Price: Go during happy hour to save some cash, but it's still reasonable after HH
Happy Hour: ends at six
Crowd: As in many Boulder restaurants, it's a diverse smattering of white people. They're everywhere! Patron age is typically 30+

Overall rating: 9 out of 10

No comments: